Attention all U.S. Shadowhunter fans!
Rue21 is hosting a sweepstakes to win a trip to the “MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES” movie premiere in Hollywood along with a meet and greet with the cast. If you do not win there is still a chance to win something! If you are one of the 3 runner ups, you get other fun prizes. Read below for more details:
rue21 is giving one customer the opportunity to win (2) tickets to the Hollywood premiere of “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.” The prize package also includes a meet & greet with the leading cast members and a trip to the Hollywood premiere.
3 runner ups will win a “City of Bones” prize pack, which includes:
- (2) movie tickets
- (1) movie soundtrack
- (1) poster
- (1) t-shirt
- (1) City of Bones book (movie edition)
The rue21 “City of Bones Hollywood Premiere” Sweepstakes
Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry Period: The rue21 “City of Bones Hollywood Premiere” Sweepstakes begins at 8:59:00 AM ET on July 2, 2013 and ends on 11:59:59 p.m. ET August 2, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. who are of the age of majority at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, members, officers or directors of rue21 (“Sponsor”), Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. (“CTMG”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and Regulations and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected randomly by Sponsor on or about August 4th, 2013 and will win a trip to the U.S premiere of “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones” movie (the “Picture”) for themselves and a guest (the “Grand Prize”). Three (3) runner-up winners will also be selected randomly and will each receive runner-up prize packs (each known as the Runner Up Prize”). The odds of winning each prize are based on the number of eligible entries received by rue21 for the prizes.
Prizes: One grand prize winner will receive a trip to the Hollywood Premiere of the Picture for the winner and a guest, which includes the following:
- Two (2) single admission tickets to the U.S. Hollywood Premiere of the Picture;
- Round-trip, coach airfare accommodations to and from Hollywood, CA for winner and a guest;
- Hotel accommodations for two (2) nights for winner and guest; and
- A meet and greet with a Picture cast member, subject to availability..
Three (3) Runner-Up Prize Packs, which will include:
- Two (2) single admission tickets to the Picture;
- A copy of the original Picture soundtrack;
- A Picture poster; and
- A Picture T-shirt.
Approximate combined retail value of all prizes is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500), and no individual prize is valued at more than Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000) which may vary depending on various factors at time of award. The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The winners will be featured on the rue21 Facebook and Twitter pages. The winners will be contacted via email and phone if they have won. The odds of winning the prizes are based on the number of eligible entries received by rue21 during the duration of the Sweepstakes.
Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions are allowed except in rue21’s sole discretion. Non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash. Further, rue21 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Winners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes) attributable to prizes.
5. Winner Notification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified. Winners will be notified by email and/or by phone. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners will be required to respond to the communication from rue21 to acknowledge receipt of the prize. If no response is obtained within 24 hours of notification, the next qualifying entrant, as determined during the Judging Period, will be deemed a winner. In the event a question regarding a winner’s identity arises, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry. The winner of a prize must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability upon request of rue21.
6. General Conditions: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules and Regulations; and/or (c) award all prizes claimed prior to cancellation from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received, up to the time of impairment. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in regard to the interpretation or implementation of these official rules.
7. Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES, CTMG AND ITS AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, CONCERT CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules and Regulations shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Disputes: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State and Federal Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the County of Allegheny and/or the Western District of Pennsylvania; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules and Regulations, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Pennsylvania.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is rue21, with offices at800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086. CTMG is not a prize provider and not responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes in any way.
Rules and Regulations and Winners List: For the names of the winners of prizes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “rue21 City of Bones Hollywood Premiere Sweepstakes Winners”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. For the Rules and Regulations, available for 90 days after winner selection, visit http://www.rue21.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “rue21 City of Bones Hollywood Premiere Rules”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. Allow approximately two (2) weeks for delivery.
WILL YOU BE ENTERING? 🙂